Editor’s Note: This post was originally published in April 2019. Updated in August 2021.
Dark, thick, long and lush lashes are the one beauty trend that will never go out of style. The beauty industry has a number of lash enhancing methods to offer, and the lash lift is the number 1 most popular eyelash treatment at the moment.
The reason why so many people love the lash lift is the fact that it’s super simple and takes only about an hour, yet the results last from 6-8 weeks. But in case you’ve never had a lash lift before, you might be wondering: how much does a lash lift cost?
Check out the results of PMUHub’s research into lash lift prices, and discover extra info that will help you choose a technician.
Table of contents - Skip to a specific paragraph
How Much Does a Lash Lift Cost on Average?
The average price of a lash lift treatment is around $100, but it can vary from $50 to $250, depending on different factors.
What Is a Lash Lift?
A lash lift is something like an eyelash perm. With the help of chemicals, your lashes are curled and lifted up, and they can optionally be tinted for the look of extra density. They look longer and fuller.
The lash lift works with your natural lashes and enhances them, unlike eyelash extensions, which add fibers onto your lashes.
The whole lash lift treatment is very simple, safe and painless, and lasts for about 1 hour. The aftercare routine does not require much – you need to avoid makeup and getting your lashes wet for 24 hours. After that, you will have fabulous lashes for 6-8 weeks, after which they will take their natural shape.
Want to find out more about lash lift? Follow the links:
Image source: Instagram @mnsbeaauty
What Does the Lash Lift Cost Depend On?
The price of the treatment depends on:
- Location. Generally, lash lift prices are higher in big cities than in smaller towns, but they also offer a wider price range.
- Competition. If a treatment is in demand, there will be more techs performing it, and their prices will vary significantly. In areas where there are only a handful of techs who offer the treatment, lash lift prices in them will be very similar.
- Popularity and reputation of a salon. Salons famous for the treatment will have higher lash lift prices. Beginners will probably charge less.
- Products used. There are a couple of very famous brands of lash perm products and salons that use them have higher lash lift prices than those that don’t
Those are the main factors that determine how much does a lash lift cost. You should keep them in mind when deciding where to get the treatment.
How Much Does a Lash Lift Cost in the USA?
The average lash lift cost in the USA is $105, but it can vary from $50 to $250.
In the chart below, you can find the results of PMUHub’s research into lash lift prices in various cities across the USA.
According to the list, the average eyelash lift cost is highest in Los Angeles, CA, and lowest in Olympia, WA. NYC also has the widest range of microblading prices, from $70 to $250.
The lash lift does not require extra appointments. Whenever you repeat the procedure, you pay the full lash lift cost.
NOTE: Taxes and additional fees may apply.
|City/State||Average Lash Lift Cost|
Lash Lift Price Range
|Chicago, IL||$123||$90 – $200|
|Aurora Area, IL||$100||$70 – $120|
|NYC, NY||$131||$100 – $150|
|Albany, NY||$110||$75 – $135|
|Portland, OR||$99||$75 – $120|
|Salem, OR||$86||$70 – $105|
|Houston, TX||$95||$75 – $165|
|San Antonio, TX||$100||$75 – $150|
|Dallas, TX||$118||$50 – $165|
|Fort Worth, TX||$92||$65 – $115|
|Cleveland, OH||$92||$80 – $150|
|Columbus, OH||$83||$55 – $115|
|Miami, FL||$120||$60 – $200|
|Jacksonville, FL||$94||$75 – $120|
|Palm Beach, FL||$106||$65 – $150|
|Seattle, WA||$123||$65 – $150|
|Olympia, WA||$79||$70 – $85|
|Los Angeles, CA||$132||$70 – $250|
|San Diego, CA||$115||$85 – $150|
|San Francisco, CA||$125||$75 – $190|
|Phoenix, AZ||$86||$75 – $120|
|Tucson, AZ||$90||$65 – $120|
Source: PMUHub’s research into lash lift prices
Image source: Instagram @houzeofhandsome
What’s Included in the Lash Lift Price?
The lash lift treatment is a simple process that does not entail touch ups, so it’s a one-time payment. There are certain add-ons you can get to complement the treatment:
- Tinting. Your lashes are darkened with a dye formulated specially for lashes. This step is optional and you can skip it. Some salons include it in the price of a lash lift, while others charge additionally. If it is not stated in the price list, ask your beautician if tinting is included.
- Keratin. Some salons offer the option of adding a short keratin treatment that will nourish your lashes and make them stronger. If the treatment is called a Keratin Lash Lift, this add-on is probably included in the lash lift price.
- Aftercare products. Some estheticians sell nourishing serums you should use after the treatment. Those are usually sold separately.
- Patch test. Before any cosmetic treatment you’re getting for the first time, the tech should test you for allergies to the products used. They should be free, but some salons charge additionally.
After the lash lift treatment, you are set for 6-8 weeks. There is no need for a touch-up and there are no additional expenses. After this period, you can redo the whole treatment and you will pay the full lash lift cost again.
How Do I Choose a Salon Based on the Eyelash Lift Price?
First of all, you should find out what the average price of a lash lift in your area is. Our chart can be a starting point, but if your location wasn’t included, make a list of all the salons near you and find out their lash lift prices. Then compare them.
The best policy is to go to a tech who charges about the average price. That way, you can expect they’ll do a good job without overpricing it.
It’s also possible to get great results on a budget. If a salon has low lash lift prices, that might mean that they are new on the market and are trying to attract more customers. If you want to give newbies a chance, make sure they have completed a training course and use high-quality products and sterile equipment.
If, on the other hand, the salon’s lash lift cost is low due to bad reviews, steer clear of it.
The best option is to ask for a recommendation either online or from your friends whatever your budget is.
PMUHub tip: Be careful with low prices! Inexperienced and undertrained estheticians sometimes use low prices of their services to get new customers. The fact they’re just starting out doesn’t mean they won’t do a good job, but you should do a bit of research and read through their reviews.
Does Getting a Lash Lift Pay Off?
A lash lift is said to be an investment that definitely pays off. It saves you time and money in the long run. You pay for the first treatment and you don’t have to redo your lashes for 6-8 weeks. They’ll look very nice and you probably won’t feel the need to apply any extra eye makeup.
So for most clients, the lash lift cost is worth it, but it’s up to you at the end of the day.
Image source: Instagram @meryrussotruccatrice
Can I Save Money by Doing a Lash Lift at Home?
DIY lash lifts have been quite popular lately. You can get a lash lift at home if you buy a lash lift kit.
Many brands have their own versions of the eyelash perm kit, and the prices can be anywhere from $10 to $100 and you can use them more than once. They contain everything you need in order to do a lash lift at home, and you can use them for multiple treatments.
Even though this option does sound appealing, since it’s much more affordable than the lash lift cost at salons, it has certain downsides:
- The eye area is very sensitive and you risk causing an allergic reaction, or irritation if you do something wrong. If you go to a certified tech, you can be sure they know how to use the products and will take all the necessary precautions to avoid this.
- Apart from these health hazards, there’s also the chance of the treatment not working out if you DIY it. If you do a treatment and you don’t achieve the desired curl, you’ll need to wait a few weeks before you can give it another try.
You can also find many 2-in-1 kits for both lash lift at home and DIY brow lamination. Those are a bit more expensive.
How Much Does a Lash Lift Cost – Main Takeaways
The lash lift is super popular at the moment, so the prices are somewhat higher than they were a few years ago. Still, it’s relatively affordable, simple, and most clients claim it’s more than worth the money. So, if you want amazing yet natural eyelashes every day, definitely go for it!
When choosing a technician, keep all the factors that determine how much does a lash lift cost in mind. The average price of the treatment is around $100 – use this as a starting point when deciding if the lash lift price at a certain salon is worth it.
LEARN MORE ABOUT LASH LIFT
Explore more lash lift topics:
Swipe for more lash lift topics →