New versions of eyebrow tattoos have been here for years, but some people still dread getting one because the first thing that they think of when they hear eyebrow tattoo is a traditional tattoo that looks like a block of color and lasts on their face forever.
The truth is completely different.
Contemporary eyebrow tattoos look much more natural and attractive and are meant to fade after a couple of years. Today we’re going to talk about the most often requested hair stroke eyebrow tattoo. So let’s find out how you can achieve natural-looking eyebrows with a tattoo.
Can Brow Tattoos Look Like Natural Hairs?
Yes, this is now completely possible. There are different treatments that will help you achieve a natural hair stroke look on your eyebrows.
The most popular one is, of course, brow microblading. It is done with a handheld blade but there are also other versions of hair stroke eyebrow tattoo that are done with a machine.
Image source: Instagram @lisatranbrows
What Is the Difference Between Hair Stroke Brows and Microblading?
There is no difference between hair stroke eyebrow tattoo and microblading – they are the same thing.
Microblading uses a manual blade that is dipped in the pigment and then the incisions are made in the skin to create hair strokes. Once they are healed, they resemble your natural brow hair. So microblading is actually one version of a hair stroke eyebrow tattoo.
Let’s find out what other ways of achieving hair stroke eyebrows are.
What Are Nano Hair Strokes?
Nano hair strokes are thinner and more delicate because they are done differently than microblading. We can make the distinction between two treatments:
Nanoblading is microblading with a .16/.18 diameter blade. The blade is composed of thinner needles and produces finer hair strokes.
Nano brows will also give similar results as microblading and nanoblading. The difference is that nano brows are done with a machine and that’s why this treatment is also called machine microblading or digital microblading.
Nano brows hair strokes are thin and delicate and it’s said they last longer than microblading. They are also great because they are suitable for almost all skin types. Most clients with oily or extremely oily skin are not good candidates for microblading and they’re advised to turn to Nano Brows.
They are also a better option for people with mature skin.
Image source: Instagram @mybrowandbeauty
Pixel Brows for Hair Stroke Eyebrow Tattoo?
Pixel brows is another treatment that can provide hair stroke eyebrows tattoo, but it’s not as popular as microblading or nano brows.
While microblading is done with the manual tool that slices the skin to insert the pigment, pixel brows poke the skin. A specially designed pixel blade is used to tap in the pigment. It’s pressed against the skin, so it creates punctures, not cuts.
The reason why this treatment is not as popular as microblading is because the hair strokes have a soft pixelated look not all people are fans of.
Aren’t Combo Brows Also Hair Stroke Brows?
Kind of. Combo brows combine two techniques – microblading and shading.
These are perfect for people who have thin and sparse eyebrows. The head of the brow is covered in hair strokes, giving it a natural look, and the middle of the brow and the tail are shaded for fullness and density. This is a good option for people with oily skin as well as those who like wearing makeup on their brows.
Image source: Instagram @custombeautybrows
How Long Does Hair Stroke Eyebrow Tattoo Last?
How long your hair stroke eyebrow tattoo will last depends on which treatment you choose. If you choose microblading, you can expect it to last from 12 to 18 months, but nano and combo brows last a bit longer.
The longevity of your hair stroke eyebrow tattoo depends on your skin type as well as your lifestyle.
For example, if you spend time in the sun or in the water or if you sweat a lot what you can expect is that your eyebrows tattoo last shorter than average. If you have only skin, the sebum will push the pigment out more quickly and you can also expect your eyebrows to fade sooner than expected.
But if you want to prolong the lifespan of your hair stroke eyebrow tattoo, you need to book touch ups – color refreshment treatments that are required when your eyebrow tattoo starts fading.
Is the Hair Stroke Eyebrow Tattoo Process Painful?
Not really. The amount of pain is definitely not the same as getting a real tattoo. The main reason for that is that permanent makeup artists use a numbing cream to reduce discomfort. So most people don’t see this treatment as painful, just a bit uncomfortable and unpleasant.
How Much Does Hair Stroke Eyebrow Tattoo Cost?
Depending on the eyebrow treatment you choose, they can cost from $300 to $2,000. The average price of most hair stroke eyebrow tattoos is somewhere around $600.
What Else Should I Know About Hair Stroke Eyebrow Tattoo?
- It will need some time to heal. The healing period is a bit uncomfortable and it entails different stages – the brows will change during this process. They will look too dark, then scabby and then too light.
- The aftercare is very important. The first two weeks after the treatment are crucial and you need to care for your brows properly to make sure the results are good. If you don’t follow the aftercare instructions you risk ruining your hair stroke eyebrow tattoo.
- Any hair stroke eyebrow tattoo is a 2-session treatment. Once the tattoo is healed, the touch-up session is required. It needs to be booked approximately 6 to 8 weeks after the initial treatment. The purpose of the touch up is to correct all the imperfections that occurred during the healing period, for example filling in the patchy brows, adding more pigments and adjusting the shape of your brows.
Image source: Instagram @ebh_browjam
What Are the Benefits of a Hair Stroke Eyebrow Tattoo?
- It’s waterproof and sweatproof, it won’t smudge or wear off
- You don’t have to fill in your eyebrows for months or even years
- You don’t have to worry about whether your eyebrows will come off if you swim or wash your face.
- They are low-maintenance
- They are a great confidence booster – your eyebrow tattoo artist will find a perfect shape to compliment your face.
- They can create brows from scratch, which means that people who have very little or no brow hair at all can get nicely shaped, full eyebrows.
So, as we’ve explained above, a hair stroke eyebrow tattoo is very much possible. They’re very popular, they look very natural and most people claim that choosing to get their brows done has been the best decision ever made.
Cover image source: Freepik