A lot of people swear by using lash curlers to achieve a lifted lash look and boost the effects of their mascara. But others aren’t seeing such great results.
If you fall into the latter (or maybe if you just want to step up your lash game), then it might be time to switch to heated eyelash curlers – for an even bigger and better lash curling effect!
So if you’re looking for effective and affordable heated lash curlers that’ll get you that false lash look in just a few seconds, you’ve come to the right place. Here’s which heated lash curler to buy and how to use it.
Best Heated Eyelash Curlers Top List
Here are our top picks of the best heated eyelash curlers on Amazon:
1. Best Heated Eyelash Curler Overall
This heated lash curler features a fast pre-heat time of 10 seconds, which means that you can get your lashes ready in a matter of seconds!
Don’t worry, with a sensing heating silicone pad, this heated eyelash curler doesn’t burn, pinch or create any discomfort. It’s portable and USB rechargeable with two temperature settings – one for fine, soft lashes and one suitable for harder, thick lashes.
• Easy to use
• Two temperature settings to adjust to your lash type
• Long-lasting lifting effect
• Some might prefer the mascara-shaped curler instead
2. Best Beginner-Friendly Heated Lash Curler
This heated lash curler from TouchBeauty uses a heating silicone pad that curls the entire length of your eyelashes without pinching or crimping. The shape of this device resembles the shape of a traditional, non-heated curler so it’s easy to get used to.
This curler has a temperature-sensing pad that changes its color to signal when it’s ready for use. The temperature is suitable and set to not cause damage to your lashes.
• Easy to use for beginners
• Lower price
• Does not include a battery
3. Best Separating Heated Lash Curler
Dust2Oasis heated eyelash curlers have a curved curler head that perfectly fits the lashes, giving you a naturally curled look that lasts for 24 hours.
The device is equipped with a 3-gear temperature design, so you can choose between high, medium, or low temperature levels depending on the different lash types.
The package includes one eyelash comb to help separate the eyelashes, and one little brush to help clean it after use.
• Comes with a comb
• 3 temperature settings
• The comb-like shape might not curl some lashes
4. Best Heated Lash Curler to Use with Mascara
The comb brush head on this heated curler is suitable for any lash shape and works even better with a few coats of your favorite mascara.
It provides four kinds of adjustable temperatures and a digital display. Choose the right temperature according to your lashes and wait for just eight seconds for it to heat up.
Once you’re done, you’ll have full, lifted lashes that stay up for the whole day.
• High-capacity battery
• Changes color when heated
• Four temperature settings
• Might not work without mascara for some
Commonly Asked Questions
Here’s some additional FAQ:
Are Heated Eyelash Curlers Better?
For most people, yes. Just like when curling your hair, applying heat to your lashes will make them curl better and stay lifted for a longer time.
Therefore, the results of using a heated eyelash curler versus a non-heated one should definitely be noticeable, and you should be able to get the most out of your mascara this way.
Still, keep in mind that everybody’s eyelashes are different, so you will have to try it to find out. A small number of people did report that heated curlers did not work for them and they prefer sticking to regular lash curlers.
How to Use a Heated Eyelash Curler?
A heated lash curler should always come with instructions that should be clear and easy to follow.
But in case you’re still unsure about something, here’s a step-by-step guide from us to make sure the whole process goes smoothly:
- Always use it on clean lashes. Wet or damp lashes will not sustain the curl and will make them fall back to their original shape.
- If you wear contact lenses, make sure to take them off while using a heated lash curler, especially if you’re using ones that squeeze the lashes.
- Choose a temperature setting that best suits your lash type and comfort level. It’s best to start on the lowest setting, then increase it if you want to.
- Place the lash curler close to the base of the lash and slowly pull the curler upward along the lashes (just like applying mascara) for a few seconds so that the heat can penetrate.
- Repeat this motion until you have the desired amount of lift and curl. You may need to go over some spots multiple times.
- If your curler is the same shape as a non-heated lash curler, then just place it under your lashes, press it, and wait a few seconds. You can repeat this process but don’t do it too much to not damage your lashes.
- To seal in your curled lashes, comb through them and finish off with a few coats of your favorite mascara.
Some lash curlers will work better if you apply a layer of mascara first, but things like that will be noted in the instructions.
Will a Heated Eyelash Curler Damage Your Lashes?
Although it might seem intimidating, heated eyelash curlers are perfectly safe, as long as you use them correctly. All of the heated lash curlers that we listed here are labeled as safe to use, but they still require a steady hand and patience so be careful.
Like any other electronic device, we recommend starting slowly to familiarize yourself with its capabilities before officially using it. It’s also suggested to start on the lowest possible temperature setting and be careful not to go over the same area too many times to minimize potential damage.
Keep in mind, the skin of the eyelids is especially thin, so it can get burned easier and at lower temperatures than other areas of our skin. So it’s important to choose a heated eyelash curler that reaches the perfect level of heat, even on its highest setting.
Just keep in mind – it’s exactly like applying heat to your hair, if applied in excess, it can damage your lashes.
How to Clean Heated Eyelash Curler?
All heated eyelash curlers should have written on the packaging whether you can clean it with water or not, or maybe some parts can be taken off and cleaned separately. For most devices, the cleaning process looks something like this:
- First, you should remove the rubber pad from your eyelash curler.
- Place your lash curler under running tap water.
- Next, soap it up with dish soap and use your fingers to rub the soap into every gap of your lash curler.
- Then, use a cotton pad with some soap to thoroughly clean off any grime from the indent where the rubber piece sits.
- Finally, rinse your lash curler from the soap.
- Use a dry tissue or paper towel to dry it.
- Lastly, scrub the rubber pad and look underneath for any hairs that might be stuck there. Once cleaned, dry it, and put it back in its place.
Heated lash curlers could be a great solution for those who feel like regular ones aren’t doing quite enough. As mentioned before, you should be careful when starting, and use the lower temperature settings, but over time, you’ll learn how to use it and get a lifted lash look in a matter of seconds.
In case you want something more permanent, look into getting a lash lift.